For my eminent speech this year, I have 90 seconds to effectively relay Rihanna’s eminence. On top of this, I will also be responsible for convincing some of the audience that Rihanna is deserving of an eminent title. Though I am excited to become Rihanna for an evening, I am also feeling lots of pressure to be taken seriously! Although this is going to be challenging for me, I think it will also be a motivator for me to adjust and edit my speech even further than if my eminent person were someone who is not so much of a household name. Here is where my ideas are at right now, onto my speech outline!
- (camera flashes and questions for effect)
- Very Rihanna intro statement, welcoming audience to the Fenty Beauty release party
- Discussion about Rihanna’s entrepreneurialism
- Hurdles and boundaries expressed through the importance of discussion over uncomfortable and taboo topics
- There is still so far to do, and it is unfortunate that we are only this far along in 2017
- The time is now for representation of ALL women in media
- The concept that there is no market for women of colour in the beauty industry is completely false
- This line, this progression, is for everyone.
- 12 o’clock, Fenty Beauty is officially released to the world
- Passion about the vitality of representation
- Very Rihanna outro statement, thanking audience for support
- (Possibly more camera flashes for effect, maybe music)